In order to build a national data platform, data needs to be integrated from various sources. You will be responsible for developing data adaptors involved with the ETL process for a national data platform. Our ideal candidates are familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment. This role requires that you work with multiple cross-functional teams as well as technicians from varying organizations to understand and enable data flows that are standard compliant.
Role and Responsibilities
- Communicate with business units and technicians to convey and understand requirements
- Develop data adaptors for a national data platform
- Test, deploy, and perform maintenance
- Document functional specifications and materials for training and knowledge transfers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline
- Experience with relational data stores (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented programming with an excellent understanding of Python
- Proficiency with Linux/Unix operating systems
- Shell scripting
- Git source control management
- Ability to communicate with cross-functional teams about application design, APIs, project schedules etc.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with hospital information systems and HL7 FHIR
- Experience with using cloud IaaS and web services especially REST APIs
- Experience with containerization technology like Docker / Kubernetes
- Experience architecting and implementing software that is deployed in a production environment
- Experience developing both batch and real-time data ETL pipelines is a plus.
Email: [email protected]